Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Old West Quantrill Outlaw


My first post of 2014. I hope you had a good New Years and wish everyone a lot of luck on the coming Year. I've also updated the project status in header for 2014 listing my new approach.

The figure above is both my villain entry and admission figure for Curt's Analogue Hobbies painting challenge here . Each person is required to paint a figure as kind of an entry fee and this time Curt choose Sam Peckinpah related films as the subject matter for the entry figures. I decided to do a western figure, because Mr. Pechinpah did a famous western film called The Wild Bunch.

Also each Fortnight is a Bonus theme and the upcoming one is villains which I'm currently not doing anything that would fit that, but then a rare thing happened and a light bulb went off in my head and I realized that I could use the entry figure for this as well as he is an outlaw so fits the requirement for villain. So I decided to move him up in the production line so I could meet the deadline.

I painted the figure up to look like an ex-confederate Quantrill raider(considered villains by many)   that has now taken up the occupation of an outlaw murdering and robbing for personal profit.
The figure is from Wargames Foundry was a joy to paint up with nice wide smooth surfaces to paint.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Wargames Foundry

47 comments :

  1. Great painted figure, he certainly has the look of one of Quantrill's raiders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice indeed Cristopher !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome start to the new year, Christopher. Love the pose and steady aim. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kindly dean I appreciate your support.

      Christopher

      Delete
  4. Good looking figure. A Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gunslinger is terrific! I certainly wouldn't want to be staring into his eyes with his "hand cannon" pointing at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Jonathan and it is indeed a huge gun he has!

      Christopher

      Delete
  6. Excellent painting my friend! And excellent choice of a figure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great choice for the villain round and beautifully done Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Michael I appreciate that.

      Christopher

      Delete
  8. As a diii-rect descendant of one of those so called "villains" I can say you've done a nice job. And can also say I never cared for the Foundry sculpts. Not enough guns. Most of Quantrill's boys carried several braces of pistols as they were easier to to fire from horseback and you could fire a lot without reloading. Keep the Black flag flying.
    -J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Baron and perhaps he left all his spare pistols in the saddle bags.

      Christopher

      Delete
  9. A splendid paintjob as usual – very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you kindly Andrew I appreciate that.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic paint job theee - great detail.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very nice pose of the figure and also a very brilliant paintjob.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  13. a very fine character well done

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great painting on a bad man! I don't think this fellow misses very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Monty and your probably right with a gun that big it just needs to point it in the general direction!

      Christopher

      Delete
  15. Nice job, he sure looks the part. Happy New Year Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful work on the brushes Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice work, very smooth paint job. I really like the color of the trousers, may I ask which paints you used on them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Iowa. The colours on the figure are a mix of Foundry(my fav) and Vallejo with the trousers themselves in Foundry Rebel Grey.

      Christopher

      Delete
  18. Quantrill looks better than he ever did in real life…nice work Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicely done there chap and a Happy New Year to you and your

    ReplyDelete
  20. I sure missed some great posts here Christopher! Love those Saxons and look forward to see what you come up with next. Cheers, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you very much Michael and glad to see you back on the blogs again!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete